If you are looking to have some fun on a catamaran then Miami is the place to be. Renting a catamaran in Miami provides groups and individuals with vessels that are suitable for water-sports, catering, entertainment and cruising under the sun. You can enjoy activities such as inner tube rides, snorkeling, water skiing, ocean kayaking and jet skiing among other fun activities when renting a catamaran in Miami.
Our catamarans provide the best in class safety, comfort and luxury with excellent presentation, water-sports equipment, and stability. Getting a Miami Beach Catamaran rental is one of the best things to do for your vacation.
There are many types of sail charters that you could get in Miami such as bareboat, speed boats and sailing yachts. But the catamaran is by far one of the most popular vessels to rent. The following are some of the reasons why catamarans are so popular in Miami:
- They are a lot of fun – their flat decks makes them great for a lot of activities from catering, fishing, and cruising under the sun among many other activities
- Special Occasions – Catamarans are great for group activities such as birthdays, bachelor or bachelorette parties given their flat decks. A catamaran rental can also take you and your party to extended sailing trip for watersports activities such as skiing, kayaking and snorkeling away from the bustle of the city.
- Privacy – Unlike other sailing boats, the smaller hull of the catamaran makes it possible to anchor it very close to the beach or in shallow bays where you can get more privacy.
Where To Go: Marinas in Miami
- Miamarina at Bayside: The Miamarina at Bayside in downtown Miami is on 401 Biscayne Boulevard. It is usually open between 7 am and 7 pm every day of the week.
- Dinner Key Marina: The Marina is on 3400 Pan American Dr. in Coconut Grove. It is usually open between 7 am to 9 pm every day of the week.
- Miami Beach Marina: The marina is on 300 Alton Road Miami Beach and comes with 400 boat slips. It is open from 7 am to 6 pm every day of the week.
- Crandon Marina & Marine Stadium Marina: Crandon Marina is on 4000 Crandon Blvd, Key Biscayne. It is open between 8 am and 5 pm every day of the week. Marine Stadium Marina on 3501 Rickenbacker Causeway, The marina is open every day of the week.
- Herbert Hoover Marina: The marina’s address is 9698 SW 328 Street. Homestead, FL. It is open seven days a week between 8 am and 5 pm.
- Black Point Marina: The Marina’s address is 24775 SW 87 Avenue, Homestead. It is open every day of the week between 8 am and 5 pm.
- Bill Bird Marina: The Marina is on 10800 Collins Avenue, in the Sunny Isles Beach. The North Miami Beach Marina is open between 8 am and 5 pm.
- Pelican Harbour Marina: The Marina is on 1275 NE 79 Street, in North Bay Village. It is open from 8 am to 5 pm every day.
What Days Are Available:
You can typically get catamaran rentals all year round with Miami and the Keys having great weather for some watersports and on land activities for most of the year. However, you do need to fill out a form to inquire about the availability of a specific sailboat or catamaran on the date you intend to go out on the water.
How Much Does It Cost To Rent a Catamaran in Miami?
The price to rent a catamaran in Miami will depend on the features of the boat, size, amount of people, and the destination. The average price will be in between $700 and $2000 for a four-hour rental. If you are interested in renting a catamaran, please fill out the booking form here. Pricing includes:
- Unlimited Drinks (You can bring your own too).
- Star Islands/Miami Beach: Bay Tour the man made island in the green-blue water of Biscayne Bay south of Miami Beach that is home to the elite and wealthy of the city. The only way to get to the island is by Bridge Road which connects to MacArthur Causeway heading to the mainland. The island is a short drive to sizzling nightlife in south beach and the American Airlines Arena where Miami Heat plays their matches.
- Miami Downtown: Busy shopping and cultural center in the middle of Miami. There are tons of jewelry shops, department stores and open-air malls you can browse through the day. At night you can head to the big-name concerts and Miami Heat basketball games at the American Airlines Arena. Other attractions include the Perez Art Museum for Contemporary Art and the Florida Grand Opera.
- Brickell/Brickell Key: A man-made island off the Brickell neighborhood and at the mouth of the Miami River. The private island is in the sparkling waters of Biscayne Bay and provides skyline views and refreshing breezes. The island has the laid back and exclusive feel of a private island full of luxuries and amenities such as parks, dry cleaners, flower shops, beauty salons, and restaurants.
- Key Biscayne: Florida town across the Rickenbacker Causeway on a barrier island. It lies between Bill Baggs Cape Florida State Park and Crandon Park. You get to enjoy long sheltered beaches, tropical forests, and mangroves where loggerhead turtles, butterflies, and bird life abound
- Nixon Sandbar: A beautiful beach in Biscayne Bay that was named after the late president Nixon whose house stands on the beach.
- Bahamas/Bimini/Exuma/Major Cay (Pig Island): Visit the Bahamas and Bimini for beautiful sandy beaches with thousands of islands full of sleepy cays. In the Exumas, there are iguanas that leave tail prints in the sand. Major Cay is the world-famous island also known as Pig Island, where you can get to frolic in the water with swimming pigs.
- Florida Keys: The keys are thousands of islands off the Southern tip of Florida and between the Gulf of Mexico and the Atlantic Ocean. They are excellent spots for scuba diving, snorkeling, boating, and fishing. Key West also has some popular bars such as the Ernest Hemingway Home and Museum and Mallory Square.
- Fontainebleau Miami Beach Hotel: This is one of the most breathtaking luxury hotels located on a strategic address on Miami Beach. It is an oceanfront piece of real estate that comes with award-winning restaurants, luxury spa, suites and guest and rooms with ocean views among many others.
- EPIC Hotel: This is a modern hotel in downtown Miami about 10 minutes’ walk from the Bayside Marketplace with its lively restaurants and shops. The rooms come with ocean views and have rainfall showers, balconies, Italian linens, and Wi-Fi. There is also a marina, modern restaurants, a bar, and cabanas.
- SEASPICE Restaurant and Waterfront Lounge: Lounge, brasserie and waterfront restaurant that emphasizes thoughtful presentations, harmonious flavor pairings, and freshly caught seafood. Some of the food that you can have include wood oven roasted casseroles, veal chop, and organic filet mignon.
- LIQUE Restaurant and Waterfront Lounge: This is a sleek late-night spot at the Intracoastal Mall, where you can dine in an airy and stylish dining room. Some food you can sample include a raw bar and sushi and creative Mediterranean fare. After your meal, you can also lounge on the terraced patio that extends to the deck out on the water.
- Bayside Market: Located in downtown Miami, this is an open-air shopping center in a two-story building. It is surrounded by the banks of the Biscayne Bay and overlooks the City of Miami marina. It is the most visited site in Miami.
How Many People Can We Bring In a Catamaran?
The number of people that can fit in a catamaran will depend on the weight per person (average is 150 lbs p/p), and on the size of the catamaran itself.
To Number of people = (boat length (ft.); boat width (ft.) and then divide the result by 15 For instance, if you have a boat that is 6 feet by 18 feet you will calculate like this 18 times 6 divided by 15 which is 7 150 pound persons What to Bring You can bring practically anything you feel like including drinks and food, even though your catamaran rental price will include drinks. You can also bring towels and your own water.
Renting a catamaran is one of the most fun things you can do in Miami. You can head out to the surrounding attractions and even as far south as the Bahamas for some fun in the islets and coves.
You can also head out on a catamaran and anchor it at a marina and get out to enjoy the food, the beaches, and the watersports in the most isolated spots in the keys. The best thing about renting a catamaran is that it is a huge vessel that you can use for small and large groups alike.
As such, you can hire it for small private family vacations or for group activities such as bachelor parties and birthday bashes for all your friends. Catamarans rentals are not only for tourists but also for locals who will also have a lot of fun on short term rentals around Miami.